Family Office sought assistance to determine follow-on investment potential in a gene-editing research tools and services company they had funded previously leading to a good return.
Approach & Deliverables
- Performed primary and secondary market research, and analysis of company plans and financials.
- Interviewed subject matter experts, venture investors, industry leaders.
- Evaluated historical performance, financial statements and future business plan
- Analyzed core technology and capabilities and IP position
- Assessed competitive landscape and market opportunity
- Uncovered significant issues for future success, including significant new competition (US and OUS), erosion of technology advantages, cash flow position